EdTech: Revisit and renew; the innovation cycle
The pace of technological change means we have to look for emerging ways to improve even when everything is going well.
This module looks at how the cycle works in education, where changes in curriculum and better understanding of effective teaching and learning are powerful drivers of innovation.
The module shows you how to use the innovation cycle concept to improve practice
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Discuss the stages of the innovation cycle and how the applies to teaching and learning practice
- Apply the cycle to review and improve your own practice
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G1 : Self-assessment and reflection
- Critically reflect on one's own teaching and digital practice.
- Identify competency gaps and areas for improvement.
- Seek the help of others in improving one's teaching and digital practice.
- Seek targeted training and use opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Seek to continuously expand and enhance one's repertoire of digital teaching practices.
- Help others in developing their digital teaching competence.
- At the organisational level, reflect on and provide critical feedback on digital policies and practices.
- Actively contribute to further developing organisational practices, policies and visions on the use of digital technologies.
- Use professional collaborative networks to explore and reflect on new teaching practices and methods.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This is the Leading stage, which recognises you have a high level of knowledge about in implementing innovation and change involving digital technology and can start to guide and support peers.