EdTech: Design for Active Learning
Active learning can deliver significant benefits in terms of improved learning outcomes and learner experience.
This module looks at the coordination of skills, resources, planning and organisation that is required to design successful active learning and empower teachers to deliver it.
The module shows you how technology can support sustained periods of active learning using different types of resources.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- implement technology–enabled active learning as a core pedagogical principle into your course programme and professional practice
- share ideas and draw on innovative approaches by others (including learners) for improved active learning.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - B1a : Using teaching and learning resources with learners
- Visualise and explain new concepts in a motivating and engaging way using digital technologies e.g. by using animations or videos.
- Use motivating and engaging activities (e.g. games and quizzes) in digital learning environments.
- Put learners' active uses of digital technologies central to the teaching process.
- Allow learners actively to engage with subject matter using digital technologies, e.g. using different senses, manipulating virtual objects, varying the problem set up to enquire into its structure, etc.
- Promote active learning in a given learning context or for a specific learning objective using appropriate digital technologies.
- Reflect on how suitable the different digital technologies used are in increasing learners' active learning, and to adapt strategies and choices accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Engaging Learners badges look at tools and approaches for engaging learners using digital technology. This badge recognises that you have started sharing tools and approaches and guiding your peers.