EdTech: Active learning: experience and outcomes
Active learning can make a measurable improvement to learning outcomes. It’s been shown to be more effective for all learners including SEND learners.
This module looks at the elements of successful active learning and the role that digital technology can play.
The module shows you the experiences and outcomes of active learning in practice.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Plan and deliver episodes of active learning for individuals and groups
- Evaluate the experiences and outcomes for learners compared with your prior practice.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - B1a : Using teaching and learning resources with learners
- Visualise and explain new concepts in a motivating and engaging way using digital technologies e.g. by using animations or videos.
- Use motivating and engaging activities (e.g. games and quizzes) in digital learning environments.
- Put learners' active uses of digital technologies central to the teaching process.
- Allow learners actively to engage with subject matter using digital technologies, e.g. using different senses, manipulating virtual objects, varying the problem set up to enquire into its structure, etc.
- Promote active learning in a given learning context or for a specific learning objective using appropriate digital technologies.
- Reflect on how suitable the different digital technologies used are in increasing learners' active learning, and to adapt strategies and choices accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Engaging Learners badges look at tools and approaches for engaging learners using digital technology. This badge recognises that you have started adopting tools and approaches could help you in your role.