EdTech: Learner-led activity
Using technology to enable and support learner-led activity is a good way to develop these skills in an engaging way. Allowing learners to direct some of their own learning can drive significant improvement in outcomes and engagement.
This module pairs with and precedes the module Staff and Learner Partnerships.
The module shows you how to make use of technology to support learner-led activity.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify opportunities to develop and support learner-led activity
- Schedule activities and assessment opportunities to incorporate learner-led activity.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - B2 : Teaching context: face-to-face
- Use learning environment technologies to support teaching, e.g. electronic whiteboards, mobile devices.
- Structure sessions so that different (practitioner-led and learner-led) digital activities jointly reinforce the learning objective.
- Structure and manage content, collaboration and interaction in a digital environment.
- Consider how practitioner-led digital interventions can best support the learning objective.
- Reflect on the effectiveness and appropriateness of the digital teaching strategies chosen and flexibly adjust methods and strategies.
- Experiment with and develop new formats and teaching methods (e.g. flipped classroom).
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Engaging Learners badges look at tools and approaches for engaging learners using digital technology. This badge recognises that you have started exploring this area.