EdTech: Exploring ownership, copyright and IPR
Copyright and other intellectual property rights set up legal restrictions on the conditions of use of publications, images, designs and any other works created by an identifiable author. This module looks at the implications of copyright for teaching and learning. It forms a pair with the module Using Creative Commons.
The module shows you how to identify ownership rights and their implications for pedagogical practice.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Identify different forms of rights protection around content
- Review and change your current practice to comply with rights and ownership.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - B1b : Sharing teaching and learning resources with colleagues
- Share resources using links or as attachments, or on online platforms or personal or institutional websites/ blogs.
- Share one's own repositories of resources with others, managing their access and rights as appropriate.
- Identify and respect copyright restrictions to using, re-using and modifying digital resources.
- Appropriately reference sources when sharing or publishing resources subject to copyright.
- Attribute (open) licences to selfcreated resources.
- Take measures to protect sensitive data and resources (e.g. learners' grades, exams).
- Share administrative and learnerrelated data with colleagues and learners.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital literacy is often referred to as the third essential skill, it is vital for learners coming through Further Education. This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure your learners have good levels of Digital Literacy.