EdTech: Tech-savvy and digital literacy
Many learners come into education with confidence in front of a computer that disguises a patchy skills profile that does not add up to digital literacy.This module looks at the difference between being tech-savvy and digitally literate and its implications for teaching and learning.
This module will show you the difference between being tech-savvy and digital literate.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- recognise the difference between being confident with a limited skillset and full digital literacy
- identify the needs and potential of tech savvy learners for developing full digital literacy.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G4 : Managing identity: practitioner and learner
- Protect devices and digital content, and to understand risks and threats in digital environments.
- Understand safety and security measures.
- Protect personal data and privacy in digital environments.
- Understand how to use and share personal information while being able to protect oneself and others from damages.
- Understand that digital services use privacy policies on how personal data is used.
- Create and manage one or multiple digital identities.
- Protect one's own digital reputation.
- Deal with the data that one produces through several digital technologies, environments and services.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
One of the best modules -simply for the point on the difference between learner's confidence vs actual competence, especially outside their span of interest.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital literacy is often referred to as the third essential skill, it is vital for learners coming through Further Education. This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure your learners have good levels of Digital Literacy.