EdTech: Choosing the best resources
This module looks at how to deliver the best outcomes from systematic and professional searches for suitable resources.
This will include balancing the challenges of credibility, reliability, usability and suitability when assessing the worth of found resources and taking into account what learners find and bring with them.
The module shows you a process for choosing the best sources and resources for your purpose.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Use a systematic approach to identify the best resources for your purpose
- Critically evaluate the potential contribution of resources found online in your practice.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - A1 : Planning and looking for information - how can technology best support your planning?
- Formulate appropriate search strategies to identify digital resources for teaching and learning.
- Select suitable digital resources for teaching and learning, considering the specific learning context and learning objective.
- Critically evaluate the credibility and reliability of digital sources and resources.
- Consider possible restrictions to the use or re-use of digital resources (e.g. copyright, file type, technical requirements, legal provisions, accessibility).
- Assess the usefulness of digital resources in addressing the learning objective, the competence levels of the learner group as well as the teaching approach chosen.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you can use your high level of knowledge of how to source, edit and create digital content to support your peers and inform policy on creating digital resources.