EdTech: Finding digital resources online
The web is awash with sources of information and resources to support teaching and learning.
This module looks at ways to organise your search practice.
The module shows you how to find effective and efficient routes to online resource.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Create an effective search strategy for resources
- Identify and use alternatives to search engines for finding resources.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - A1 : Planning and looking for information - how can technology best support your planning?
- Formulate appropriate search strategies to identify digital resources for teaching and learning.
- Select suitable digital resources for teaching and learning, considering the specific learning context and learning objective.
- Critically evaluate the credibility and reliability of digital sources and resources.
- Consider possible restrictions to the use or re-use of digital resources (e.g. copyright, file type, technical requirements, legal provisions, accessibility).
- Assess the usefulness of digital resources in addressing the learning objective, the competence levels of the learner group as well as the teaching approach chosen.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you have started to explore how to source, edit and create digital content for use in your teaching.