EdTech: Overcoming technical restriction on resources found online
This module looks at how to overcome or find ways around some of the technical compatibility issues you can encounter when searching for resources on the web to use with learners.
The module shows you how to overcome technical barriers to using resources found online.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Overcome the main constraints on materials found online for incorporation into learning resources
- Find ways make sources and resources usable with learners.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - A1 : Planning and looking for information - how can technology best support your planning?
- Formulate appropriate search strategies to identify digital resources for teaching and learning.
- Select suitable digital resources for teaching and learning, considering the specific learning context and learning objective.
- Critically evaluate the credibility and reliability of digital sources and resources.
- Consider possible restrictions to the use or re-use of digital resources (e.g. copyright, file type, technical requirements, legal provisions, accessibility).
- Assess the usefulness of digital resources in addressing the learning objective, the competence levels of the learner group as well as the teaching approach chosen.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you have started to explore how to source, edit and create digital content for use in your teaching.