EdTech: Technology, personalisation and effective learning
Technology makes meaningful personalisation a practical reality.
Assistive technology, with materials and resources designed for accessibility and inclusion provides the essential foundations to support learners with a disability or learning disadvantage.
This module looks at the ways in which research based modern instructional theories can ensure that we apply them in the best way to deliver effective learning.
This module shows you how good pedagogy is an essential component of effective learning.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- apply good pedagogical practice to the support of personalised learning
- use technology to deliver effective and inclusive learning instruction.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F1 : Accessibility
- Provide equitable access to appropriate digital technologies and resources, e.g. ensuring that all learners have access to the digital technologies used.
- Select and use digital strategies which respond to the learner's digital context, e.g. contextual constraints to their technology use (e.g. availability, institutional restrictions - offender learning, work based learning), competences, expectations, attitudes, misconceptions and misuses.
- Use digital technologies and strategies, e.g. assistive technologies, designed for learners' in need of special support (e.g. learners with physical or mental constraints; learners with learning disorders).
- Consider and respond to potential accessibility issues when selecting, modifying or creating digital resources and to provide alternative or compensatory tools or approaches for learners with special needs.
- Use design principles for increasing accessibility for the resources and digital environments used in teaching.
- Continuously monitor and reflect on the suitability of the measures implemented to improve accessibility and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
This is a great module and I have identified ways to plan my session for my learners with neurodiverse conditions. There are some brilliant resources and extra reading in which I can extend my knowledge of cognitive learning and how visual ideas can enhance learning.
Really great course!
Good clear guidance and instruction. It has been helpful to reinforce my previous knowledge and learn new strategies for creating structure in planning and delivery of effective lessons.
Nice exemplification of model and practice
Good resources and ideas to use technology to enhance and reinforce learning techniques.
Clear ideology with a good range of supporting resources, methods and strategies
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital technology can provide new ways to help enable inclusive approaches to difference and diversity. This badge recognises that you are adopting new digital approaches.