Accommodating different levels of digital skills
The diversity of learners extends to differences in their levels of digital skills, experience and confidence.
This module looks at ways to ensure that our teaching does not disadvantage those with existing low levels of digital skills.
This module shows you the opportunities and challenges of accommodating different levels of digital skills and confidence in teaching and assessment practice.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- consider the implications of different levels of digital skills and confidence for delivering effective and equitable learning activities
- identify the characteristics of learning activities that enable learners to succeed with different levels of digital skills and confidence.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - A3 : Support for learning and support activities including initial assessment - empowering learners through technology
- Identify learners' digital skills and confidence, plan appropriate learning activities, assignments and assessments, to provide relevant scaffolding and support for learners with different digital literacy skills.
Incorporate learning activities,
assignments and assessments
which encourage and require learners
- Articulate information needs, to search for data, information and content in digital environments, to access them and to navigate between them.
- Create and update personal search strategies.
- Adapt search strategies based on the quality of information found.
- Analyse, compare and critically evaluate the credibility and reliability of sources of data, information and digital content.
- Organise, store and retrieve data, information and content in digital environments.
- Organise and process information in a structured environment.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
First module I have done and found the questions hard to put into categories. Maybe that's just me? Report this review
It is important to empower learners via technology and this bite size session discusses effectively the implications of dealing with learners of different levels of digital skills and suggests learning activities that enable these learners to succeed in their learning. Report this review
The module helped me understand how important it is to be aware, when using new technologies, not to create any digital barriers and divide. As educators, it is important for us to think outside of our curricula and support learners in developing the skills to live, work and study in a digital society. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital technology can provide new ways to help enable inclusive approaches to difference and diversity. This badge recognises that you are exploring new digital approaches.