EdTech: Adapting content to your audience
The module looks at the use of technology to tailor content to meet the needs of a range of sensory, linguistic and cultural barriers.
This can lead to better learner retention and outcomes and greatly improved learner engagement and experience.
The module shows you how digital tools and media allow you easily to adapt your content to meet the needs of many different users and audiences.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- identify and select digital tools and media to tailor content for a wide range of needs and interests
- lower the barriers to understanding for learners who experience difficulties with communication.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F2 : Equality and diversity
- Address the special needs of individual learners (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, overachievers) using digital technologies
- Allow for different learning pathways, levels and speeds when designing, selecting and implementing digital learning activities.
- Devise individual learning plans and use digital technologies to support these.
- Adapt communication strategies to the specific audience and be aware of cultural and generational diversity in digital environments
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
With so many types of content in use, it's tricky to know where to start to adapt. PowerPoint is a good choice but Word and PDFs are very important too.
Might be a struggle for some people and lecturers will need to really think about their students and how they can get them to follow instructions.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital technology can provide new ways to help enable inclusive approaches to difference and diversity. This badge recognises that you are knowledgable in this area and able to support and collaborate with your peers on new digital approaches.