EdTech: Personalised learning pathways
Digital technology enables us to create personalised pathways that provide a unique route to learning for all learners, particularly individuals who are less likely to benefit from mainstream options.
This module looks at the characteristics and features of personalised learning and the contributing factors that make them possible in practice.
The module shows you the features of personalised learning pathways.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- list the key features of personalised learning pathways
- describe the organisational, cultural and pedagogic enablers of personalised learning pathways
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F2 : Equality and diversity
- Address the special needs of individual learners (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, overachievers) using digital technologies
- Allow for different learning pathways, levels and speeds when designing, selecting and implementing digital learning activities.
- Devise individual learning plans and use digital technologies to support these.
- Adapt communication strategies to the specific audience and be aware of cultural and generational diversity in digital environments
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
like all learning, it is better if there are no distractions, phone call from work, hence the rubbish score, however I could have restarted the module, will revisit at a later date.
It is a basic introduction. Would have liked more information on this topic though
It's a good example but somewhat specialist - it's worth saying a lot more about the scope of simple things to personalise learning pathways - effective use of the VLE to provide alternative case studies, alternative option modules, differentiated resources, text based .v. video based explanations etc. Giving learners choices is one of the hallmarks of good VLE practice. It would be good to reflect these mundane things as well as the more specialised considerations in the case study.
Practical prompting for many of us to reflect on.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital technology can provide new ways to help enable inclusive approaches to difference and diversity. This badge recognises that you are exploring new digital approaches.