EdTech: Learning benefits of text to speech
This module explores the use of spoken text through devices such as e-readers and eBooks to overcome barriers to learning for a range of learners, not only those with a sight impairment.
This module shows the uses of screen readers and screen readable learning content to support learning.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- describe the uses of screen readers and text to speech for supporting learning
- design learning and assessment activities that use screen readable resources.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - B1a : Using teaching and learning resources with learners
- Visualise and explain new concepts in a motivating and engaging way using digital technologies e.g. by using animations or videos.
- Use motivating and engaging activities (e.g. games and quizzes) in digital learning environments.
- Put learners' active uses of digital technologies central to the teaching process.
- Allow learners actively to engage with subject matter using digital technologies, e.g. using different senses, manipulating virtual objects, varying the problem set up to enquire into its structure, etc.
- Promote active learning in a given learning context or for a specific learning objective using appropriate digital technologies.
- Reflect on how suitable the different digital technologies used are in increasing learners' active learning, and to adapt strategies and choices accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
This is something I never considered before, but will find an appropriate site to use
Very useful to distinguish between screenreaders and text to speech - these are often confused.
useful websites that might come in handy to support poor readers.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure that all learners can make the best use of digital technology possible.