Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): Teaching Strategies
This module looks at the impact on teaching strategy of learners who bring their own devices. This has implications for users of assistive technology and for those learners who prefer to work on their own devices.
This module shows you how to adapt teaching strategies to accommodate Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
After completing this module you will be able to:
- adapt teaching and learning activities
- adapt content to be accessible with a range of devices
- consider how sharing and interaction between learners' own devices may offer opportunities for greater engagement in the learning programme.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - F1 : Accessibility
- Provide equitable access to appropriate digital technologies and resources, e.g. ensuring that all learners have access to the digital technologies used.
- Select and use digital strategies which respond to the learner's digital context, e.g. contextual constraints to their technology use (e.g. availability, institutional restrictions - offender learning, work based learning), competences, expectations, attitudes, misconceptions and misuses.
- Use digital technologies and strategies, e.g. assistive technologies, designed for learners' in need of special support (e.g. learners with physical or mental constraints; learners with learning disorders).
- Consider and respond to potential accessibility issues when selecting, modifying or creating digital resources and to provide alternative or compensatory tools or approaches for learners with special needs.
- Use design principles for increasing accessibility for the resources and digital environments used in teaching.
- Continuously monitor and reflect on the suitability of the measures implemented to improve accessibility and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Gives a general overview, useful enough. Report this review
A stage 1 “Exploring” module that gets us thinking about how best to harness our learners’ mobile devices to enhance accessibility and promote active learning. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure that all learners can make the best use of digital technology possible.