EdTech: Learning for independent living
This module looks at using technology to support the learning activities of SLDD learners who are working towards living independently.
This module shows you how to design learning to support independent living.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- identify the challenges and opportunities for designing learning for independent living
- employ suitable technology to deliver learning in this context
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F2 : Equality and diversity
- Address the special needs of individual learners (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, overachievers) using digital technologies
- Allow for different learning pathways, levels and speeds when designing, selecting and implementing digital learning activities.
- Devise individual learning plans and use digital technologies to support these.
- Adapt communication strategies to the specific audience and be aware of cultural and generational diversity in digital environments
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Technology can really make a big difference and it really helps to build learners skills and confidence in the classroom in conjunction with eSafety. I'm not sure about Videojug, although there are some very good instructional videos I avoid because of some of the comments left under them. I understand the principle though of using online recipes - I might have suggested using BBC recipes>Collections and then selecting 'E' for the collection of easy recipes.
iI have learnt a lot about how technology can aid learning for those with disabilities
the additional resources do not link to the content, but are usful
This is an enormously wide topic so very challenging to get into 5 mins module - this is a good summary of key principles that can be applied to a range of other situations.
Very useful for adapting in to an independence skill building programme..
A lot of ideas of what I already do in my practice with SEN students.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure that all learners can make the best use of digital technology possible.