EdTech: Supporting special learning needs
This module looks at a broad classification of learning disabilities and the forms of technology that are best suited to overcome the associated challenges to learning.
This module shows you the characteristics of learning disadvantage and technology that can lower barriers to learning.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- describe the characteristics of learning disadvantage
- identify generic forms of technology-based support that can lower barriers
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F2 : Equality and diversity
- Address the special needs of individual learners (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, overachievers) using digital technologies
- Allow for different learning pathways, levels and speeds when designing, selecting and implementing digital learning activities.
- Devise individual learning plans and use digital technologies to support these.
- Adapt communication strategies to the specific audience and be aware of cultural and generational diversity in digital environments
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
This could have been made much better by clear examples using the assessments in the additional material.
A nice quick recap of how learners with a range of disabilities can engage more with learning
Useful to see the plot of resource types for different disabilities - might have been good to see more disabilities plotted.
Vast area in trying to think of ways to engage and encourage SEN learners and their learning within a classroom environment.
A basic understanding given
Matching task should indicate what answers may be wrong on the first attempt, it leads to confusion by taking everything is wrong. Not a helpful learning experience
This is my area of need so lots here that I follow but good reminders.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure that all learners can make the best use of digital technology possible.