EdTech: Creating inclusive content: Principles
This module shows some principles of good practice for creating content that meets the needs of learners with a disability or learning disadvantage.
This module shows you how the principles of good practice for creating content that meets the needs of learners with a disability hold good in general for all learners: good resources are good for all users.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- list core principles of good practice for creating resources that meet the needs of all users
- review your existing content in line with the principles
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F1 : Accessibility
- Provide equitable access to appropriate digital technologies and resources, e.g. ensuring that all learners have access to the digital technologies used.
- Select and use digital strategies which respond to the learner's digital context, e.g. contextual constraints to their technology use (e.g. availability, institutional restrictions - offender learning, work based learning), competences, expectations, attitudes, misconceptions and misuses.
- Use digital technologies and strategies, e.g. assistive technologies, designed for learners' in need of special support (e.g. learners with physical or mental constraints; learners with learning disorders).
- Consider and respond to potential accessibility issues when selecting, modifying or creating digital resources and to provide alternative or compensatory tools or approaches for learners with special needs.
- Use design principles for increasing accessibility for the resources and digital environments used in teaching.
- Continuously monitor and reflect on the suitability of the measures implemented to improve accessibility and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
A useful reminder. I also liked the suggestions given for inspiration.
A great resource in bite size modules to reflect and improve on the way I develop my digital resources
Add on material is good, but again this needs to be in the body of the course not as an optional extra
Sound principles, clearly explained. I can go away and explore each in more detail now.
This module made me think about how I can ensure that the content I create is accessible to everyone.
As a special needs teacher there is not really anything here different to my normal day to day planning and teaching.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you are exploring how to ensure that all learners can make the best use of digital technology possible.