Equitable access to digital technologies
This module considers how issues of equitable access to digital technologies can have an impact on the quality of learning and how this may be redressed.
This module shows you how to identify and respond to issues of equitable access to digital technologies.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- recognise situations and groups where inequity of access can affect learning opportunities
- adopt strategies to redress or compensate for inequitable access to digital technologies.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - F1 : Accessibility
- Provide equitable access to appropriate digital technologies and resources, e.g. ensuring that all learners have access to the digital technologies used.
- Select and use digital strategies which respond to the learner's digital context, e.g. contextual constraints to their technology use (e.g. availability, institutional restrictions - offender learning, work based learning), competences, expectations, attitudes, misconceptions and misuses.
- Use digital technologies and strategies, e.g. assistive technologies, designed for learners' in need of special support (e.g. learners with physical or mental constraints; learners with learning disorders).
- Consider and respond to potential accessibility issues when selecting, modifying or creating digital resources and to provide alternative or compensatory tools or approaches for learners with special needs.
- Use design principles for increasing accessibility for the resources and digital environments used in teaching.
- Continuously monitor and reflect on the suitability of the measures implemented to improve accessibility and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This badge recognises that you have the level of knowledge to adopt new approaches to accessibility that will benefit your learners.