EdTech: Digital tools for Personal Learning and Development
Most professionals now use online media to find training resources to resolve Personal Learning and Development (PLD) needs.
This could be keeping up to date with the latest development in your subject, or to further your teaching skills development.
Professional and social media can be the first ports of call for finding high-quality training opportunities and materials.
It can be a fast and effective source of information, advice and guidance from colleagues who have faced the same issues.
This module will show you how to use online tools and resources for effective Professional Learning and Development (PLD).
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• describe and categorise the types of PLD opportunities that can be found online
• search for training and development opportunities on social media
• identify relevant free or low-cost online sources of training and development.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G2 : Progression and CPD: strategies to develop digital skills and pedagogy
- Use online resources or social media to identify suitable training and professional development opportunities.
- Use online resources or social media to update one's subject-specific competences.
- Use online resources or social media to learn about new teaching methods and strategies.
- Use online resources or social media to search for and identify digital resources which support professional development.
- Use the exchange in digital professional communities as a source of professional development.
- Use online training opportunities, e.g. video tutorials, MOOCs, webinars etc.
- Use digital technologies and environments to provide training opportunities for colleagues and peers.
- Use professional collaborative networks as a source for one's own professional development.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Fairly obvious stuff, but doesn't do any harm to be reminded on (for example) searching for PLD opps via ETF, JISC, TES etc.
This module has really got me thinking about networking and using technology to communicate with other FE digital teachers
interesting but basic
Good links but again I struggled with the exercise
Good for teachers in their PLD
Good introduction to using digital tools for personal development.
Sorry, but a bit pointless - I do prevent training every year to remain up to date with advice - can't see the point of this very limited contribution to this important subject.
Great unit! It highlights the significance of online training.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are many digital tools that can help you plan and manage your PLD. These badges look at digital approaches to recording and developing your personal learning and training. This is the Exploring stage, which recognises you have started exploring this area.