EdTech: Developing collaborative study skills
The module Developing digital problem-solving skills looked at the way one teacher develops each learner’s independent problem-solving skills through a simulation of practical difficulties arising with the digital technologies they are using.
This module extends that exercise to concentrate on collaborative working to resolve issues, an essential employment skill.
If you haven't completed the module Developing digital problem-solving skills you should take a look at it first.
This module shows you how to support learners’ development of collaborative study skills.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• design tasks, activities and assignments that require collaborative working by learners to solve problems they encounter with digital technology
• demonstrate to learners the importance of collaborative working for future study and employment.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - C2 : Supporting study skills
- Identify and solve technical problems when operating devices and using digital environments.
- Adjust and customise digital environments to personal needs.
- Identify, evaluate, select and use digital technologies and possible technological responses to solve a given task or problem.
- Use digital technologies in innovative ways to create learning.
- Understand where a learner's digital competence needs to be improved or updated.
- Support others in their digital competence development.
- Seek opportunities for selfdevelopment and to keep up-to-date with digital evolution.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Useful resources at the bottom of the page
A good scenario worked well at getting the point across
Very good example--and follows on from a previous module neatly.
good way for lecturers to get students involved in their learning.
The resources at the end of the module are helpful. It would be better if there was more detail on the individual activities that we were introduced to in the video
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Study Skills badges recognise your ability to develop your learners study skills in a digital world. This badge recognises that you are adopting new ways to prepare learners for solving digital problems.