EdTech: Digital problem-solving skills
Digital technologies don't always work as they should - one of the few areas in the controlled environment of education institutions where something failing to do what you expect can be quite normal.
Learners need to move from relying on teachers and technical support staff for solutions to being able to deal with problems for themselves. Developing independence in practical problems is an important life skill and essential for employment.
This module looks at the different types of problems that can arise and the various ways in which learners can resolve them independently – and be encouraged to recognise when it really is best to down tools and seek help.
This module introduces the basics of supporting learners to solve problems using digital technologies.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• categorise the problems that may arise during learners’ use of digital tools and media
• define the skillset required by learners to resolve them
• demonstrate to learners the importance of this skillset for future employment.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - C2 : Supporting study skills
- Identify and solve technical problems when operating devices and using digital environments.
- Adjust and customise digital environments to personal needs.
- Identify, evaluate, select and use digital technologies and possible technological responses to solve a given task or problem.
- Use digital technologies in innovative ways to create learning.
- Understand where a learner's digital competence needs to be improved or updated.
- Support others in their digital competence development.
- Seek opportunities for selfdevelopment and to keep up-to-date with digital evolution.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Technology not working seems to be the biggest barrier to adopting digital methods in TLA.
Okay for knowing about problem solving skills and how to address them with the learners.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Study Skills badges recognise your ability to develop your learners study skills in a digital world. This badge recognises that you are exploring how to better prepare learners for solving digital problems.