Digital problem-solving skills
Digital technologies don't always work as they should - one of the few areas in the controlled environment of education institutions where something failing to do what you expect can be quite normal.
Learners need to move from relying on teachers and technical support staff for solutions to being able to deal with problems for themselves. Developing independence in practical problems is an important life skill and essential for employment.
This module looks at the different types of problems that can arise and the various ways in which learners can resolve them independently – and be encouraged to recognise when it really is best to down tools and seek help.
Supporting digital problem-solving skills
After completing this module you will
- be aware of the problems that arise with digital tools and media and the skills used to solve them
- understand why it is important for learners to develop these skills
- consider ways to help learners to develop these skill and solve problems independently
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - C2 : Supporting study skills
- Identify and solve technical problems when operating devices and using digital environments.
- Adjust and customise digital environments to personal needs.
- Identify, evaluate, select and use digital technologies and possible technological responses to solve a given task or problem.
- Use digital technologies in innovative ways to create learning.
- Understand where a learner's digital competence needs to be improved or updated.
- Support others in their digital competence development.
- Seek opportunities for selfdevelopment and to keep up-to-date with digital evolution.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
I need to read the questions better before answering :-D Report this review
So true: '[d]eveloping independence in practical problems is an important life skill and essential for employment'. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Study Skills badges recognise your ability to develop your learners study skills in a digital world. This badge recognises that you are exploring how to better prepare learners for solving digital problems.