EdTech: Using classroom response systems or online polling
Polling tools have stretched far beyond their original function of carrying out surveys and reporting results.
Anyone who bought goods or services online will have encountered them; they underpin user satisfaction reporting across the board in the burgeoning online retail market, from holidays to groceries.
This module looks at how to apply them to learning and assessment.
Online polling and classroom response systems
After completing this module you will:
• use online polling and class response systems to improve your teaching and assessment practice
• design polling and response activities using different feedback options to improve learner engagement
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - E1a : Assessment and feedback strategies
- Use digital assessment tools to monitor the learning process and obtain information on learners' progress.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative assessment strategies, e.g. using classroom response systems, quizzes, games.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative and summative assessment in tests, e.g. through computer-based tests, implementing audio or video (e.g. in language learning), using simulations or subject-specific digital technologies as test environments.
- Use digital technologies to scaffold learners' assignments and their assessment, e.g. through ePortfolios.
- Use a variety of digital and non-digital assessment formats and be aware of their benefits and drawbacks.
- Critically reflect on the appropriateness of digital assessment approaches and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Interesting uses for polling which I feel would be useful to research into further to bring into the classes.
Some useful tools to receive feedback from learners.
Good way for lecturers to collect responses and use polls as feedback.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are lots of digital tools to assist with learner assessment. This badge recognises that you have the level of knowledge to adopt new approaches that will benefit your learners.