Hashtags have become one of the most useful ways of finding and contributing to communities of practice.
This module looks at what they are, how to use them and some sector groups clustered around particular hashtags.
To introduce hashtags
After completing this module you will be able to:
- understand what a hashtag is and how to use it to find content on social media
- be able to use hashtags to track communication with learners or colleagues
- explore some of the more commonly used hashtags to support your professional development
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - D1 : Subject and industry-specific teaching
- Go online to update your subjectspecific competencies.
- Go online to learn about new teaching methods and strategies.
- Go online to search for and identify digital resources which support professional development within your subject specific area or industryrelated field.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
This simple but effectively explains how teachers can use hashtags in their T&L. Wakeletcom is a great tool for curating hashtags. Here is one I made earlier http://wke.lt/w/s/vdenD Report this review
Some might be sceptical on the use of hashtagging in general, especially for teaching and learning use...but give it a try and you'll be pleasantly surprised is my bet! #EdTech Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Digital Practice badges look at tools and approaches that can improve learning. This badge recognises that you have started exploring this area and how the tools and approaches could help you in your role.