Designing mobile-friendly learning
Well-designed mobile learning activities can deliver a range of benefits to learners.
This module will look at two scenarios that describe the advantage of good design and the issues that can constrain it.
How to design mobile-friendly learning
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• describe the benefits of mobile learning activities
• apply the possibilities and constraints of mobile-friendly learning activities for all learners
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - B1a : Teaching and learning resources
- Visualise and explain new concepts in a motivating and engaging way using digital technologies e.g. by using animations or videos.
- Use motivating and engaging activities (e.g. games and quizzes) in digital learning environments.
- Put learners' active uses of digital technologies central to the teaching process.
- Allow learners actively to engage with subject matter using digital technologies, e.g. using different senses, manipulating virtual objects, varying the problem set up to enquire into its structure, etc.
- Promote active learning in a given learning context or for a specific learning objective using appropriate digital technologies.
- Reflect on how suitable the different digital technologies used are in increasing learners' active learning, and to adapt strategies and choices accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
The video is useful...the questions/task is a bit confusing though, even when the answers are revealed. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
What is mobile learning and how can you use it to improve teaching and learning? This badge recognises that you understand the opportunities and pitfalls of incorporating mobile learning into your teaching.