EdTech: Enhancing learning resources with AR
There are a number of widely available tools to create Augmented Reality learning objects.
These enable you to put together creative and pedagogically effective learning resources that fully exploit the graphical capabilities of digital technology.
This module will show you how to create augmented reality learning objects to enhance learning.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• identify freely-available tools to implement and deliver AR into your practice
• create interactive and learner-centred learning activities using AR.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - A2 : Designing and adapting activities
- Adapt and edit existing digital resources, where permitted.
- Combine and mix existing digital resources or parts of them, where permitted.
- Create new digital educational resources.
- Jointly create with others digital educational resources.
- Consider the specific learning objective, context, teaching approach, and learner group, when adapting or creating digital learning resources.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Simply fascinating. So many applications for this sort of technology that it would/could be (too?) easy to get carried away with the tech at the expense of the learning objectives.
Enjoyable module with some good ideas for using AR in your own practice.
AR would really engage students in their learning
Helpful for some things but not others, lecturers will need to grasp the basics of how AR will work for their lessons.
Useful ideas for learning but are hampered by school rules regarding mobile phones with SEN learners and difficulty with setting as homework tasks due to the needs of learners.
An easy to follow guide on practical uses and the resources needed to use AR in TLA.
Would be good to see a real life demo of someone using it
Login or signup to earn this badge!
This is the Leading stage, which recognises you have a high level of knowledge about emerging technologies such as VR and AR and can start to guide and support peers.