Using learner information
A growing interest in making better use of the data we collect about learners to improve retention, achievement and outcomes.
This module examines how we currently use the data available to us, how we might find ways to develop it further to improve teaching and learning and what the emerging field of learning analytics might contribute.
Using information use to enhance learner outcomes
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- understand Learning Analytics and what it might contribute to more effective teaching and learning
- examine your current use of data and how you apply it to the improvement of learner outcomes
- lead discussion amongst your colleagues on better analysis and use of data to enhance teaching practice
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - E1a : Assessment and feedback with peer feedback illustrations
- Use digital assessment tools to monitor the learning process and obtain information on learners' progress.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative assessment strategies, e.g. using classroom response systems, quizzes, games.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative and summative assessment in tests, e.g. through computer-based tests, implementing audio or video (e.g. in language learning), using simulations or subject-specific digital technologies as test environments.
- Use digital technologies to scaffold learners' assignments and their assessment, e.g. through ePortfolios.
- Use a variety of digital and non-digital assessment formats and be aware of their benefits and drawbacks.
- Critically reflect on the appropriateness of digital assessment approaches and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Know your numbers....stats can be your friend! Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are lots of digital tools to assist with learner assessment. This badge recognises that you have a high level of knowledge and are able to create new approaches and lead your peers.