EdTech: Being confident
Confidence in your digital practice comes from success: success in improving your teaching and learning rather than being good with gadgets.
This requires the capacity for personal critical reflection and a means to share what you did with colleagues, at your workplace and in wider communities of practice.
You need the confidence to build other people's innovations into your practice and adapt them to your purpose.
This module looks at how to become a force for positive change through your own practice.
This module will help you build confidence in sharing your digital teaching practice with colleagues and other practitioners
At the end of this module you will be able to:
• critically reflect on your digital teaching practice, identifying innovative examples that would help others
• expose and share your own innovative practice and adopt that of others in a community of peers
• guide others in identifying opportunities and methods to share their digital teaching practice
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G2 : Progression and CPD: strategies to develop digital skills and pedagogy
- Use online resources or social media to identify suitable training and professional development opportunities.
- Use online resources or social media to update one's subject-specific competences.
- Use online resources or social media to learn about new teaching methods and strategies.
- Use online resources or social media to search for and identify digital resources which support professional development.
- Use the exchange in digital professional communities as a source of professional development.
- Use online training opportunities, e.g. video tutorials, MOOCs, webinars etc.
- Use digital technologies and environments to provide training opportunities for colleagues and peers.
- Use professional collaborative networks as a source for one's own professional development.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Very helpful and got me to consider how i use technology such as google classroom and google sites
like it, short, snappy, with some sound advice.
Clear, bite-sized, practical information.
An excellent taster that simply aims to encourage confidence and curiosity. Recommended.
good to reflect on what i feel confident in doing and what i need to work on in the future
A really good way to assess my own practice and how this could be developed further.
Concise but re-assuring, reminding you of areas that you already use.
Not easy to follow as again it is based on the technical abilities of teachers when using digital tools and skills in the learning environment.
felt the course reflected the need to be confident however felt it didn't cover in enough detail. Aimed at teachers but everyone should be confident with technology as it progresses and becomes a major part of all our working and home lives.
A clear and concise approach to the topic.
Easy to use and understand.
I might be biased.... nevertheless, thoroughly enjoyed it!
The animation is inspiring and gives clear guidance on how to build self-confidence in using EdTech to enhance TLA. Does it add value to the learning experience? The learning activities also encourage professional practice self-reflection. This is a module I will be sharing at the Blended Learning Consortium Conference on 1st July 2019
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are many digital tools that can help you plan and manage your PLD. These badges look at digital approaches to recording and developing your personal learning and training. This is the Leading stage, which recognises you have a high level of knowledge in this area and can start to guide and support peers.