Using e-portfolios to support learners
An e-portfolio is an online repository, belonging to and managed by the owner. It's a personal technology rather than shared, like a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
It contains artefacts added by the owner that are curated, arranged and presented, either in their own right or as evidence supporting attainment statements that showcase the owner's competencies and accomplishments.
E-portfolios allow the reordering of content to support different presentations of the owner's abilities depending on the need.
How to use e-portfolios to support learners and evidence learning
After completing this module you will be able to:
• build the use of e-portfolios into your learning and assessment practice
• guide learners' understanding of the different forms of evidence in an e-portfolio
• consider activities and assessments that encourage the use of digital media in e-portfolios
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - E1a : Assessment and feedback with peer feedback illustrations
- Use digital assessment tools to monitor the learning process and obtain information on learners' progress.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative assessment strategies, e.g. using classroom response systems, quizzes, games.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative and summative assessment in tests, e.g. through computer-based tests, implementing audio or video (e.g. in language learning), using simulations or subject-specific digital technologies as test environments.
- Use digital technologies to scaffold learners' assignments and their assessment, e.g. through ePortfolios.
- Use a variety of digital and non-digital assessment formats and be aware of their benefits and drawbacks.
- Critically reflect on the appropriateness of digital assessment approaches and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Has a range of potential applications-- and could be used also for short-term assignments or projects perhaps. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are lots of digital tools to assist with learner assessment. This badge recognises that you have the level of knowledge to adopt new approaches that will benefit your learners.