EdTech: Improving feedback using written digital communication tools
Written text remains the most common way of providing feedback to learners on their outcomes and performance in assessment.
Many digital tools are now available for creating and delivering written feedback in different formats and media, annotating, overwriting, converting speech to text, automatically responding, filling in comments and doing more besides.
This module looks at how you can use these to improve written feedback.
This module will show you how you can improve written feedback by using digital tools and media.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• consider the pros and cons of digital communication tools for creating effective and time-efficient written assessment feedback
• examine your own practice and identify opportunities for applying these tools.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - E1a : Assessment and feedback strategies
- Use digital assessment tools to monitor the learning process and obtain information on learners' progress.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative assessment strategies, e.g. using classroom response systems, quizzes, games.
- Use digital technologies to enhance formative and summative assessment in tests, e.g. through computer-based tests, implementing audio or video (e.g. in language learning), using simulations or subject-specific digital technologies as test environments.
- Use digital technologies to scaffold learners' assignments and their assessment, e.g. through ePortfolios.
- Use a variety of digital and non-digital assessment formats and be aware of their benefits and drawbacks.
- Critically reflect on the appropriateness of digital assessment approaches and adapt strategies accordingly.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Worth reflecting on this module--I was not that convinced until I thought a bit deeper about efficiency over time, as well as combining templates with personalised feedback.
I would have liked to see some examples of speech to text working effectively as i think this has great potential for me.
Clear and concise information.
Some useful ideas in digital form to give feedback to students.
Good for recording what students have done and helping with assessments
Useful starter - lots of information - download the notes.
Great digital resources available in most software used in schools
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are lots of digital tools to assist with learner assessment. This badge recognises that you are exploring the possibilities in this area and developing your knowledge and understanding.