Developing digital problem-solving skills
Developing independence in solving practical problems is an important life skill and essential for employment.
This module looks at how we can go beyond reliance on chance and build some of these events into the assignments, tasks and experiences we create, making a controlled space for confronting and coping with such problems, as individual learners or as groups.
To improve learners' digital problem solving
After completing this module you will:
- be able to adopt a range of teaching approaches to help learners develop skills in solving problems with the digital tools and media they encounter
- design learning activities that encourage the development of these skills and their application to other contexts or situations
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - C2 : Supporting study skills
- Identify and solve technical problems when operating devices and using digital environments.
- Adjust and customise digital environments to personal needs.
- Identify, evaluate, select and use digital technologies and possible technological responses to solve a given task or problem.
- Use digital technologies in innovative ways to create learning.
- Understand where a learner's digital competence needs to be improved or updated.
- Support others in their digital competence development.
- Seek opportunities for selfdevelopment and to keep up-to-date with digital evolution.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Gives some useful pointers to a range of tools--and good links too. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
The Study Skills badges recognise your ability to develop your learners study skills in a digital world. This badge recognises that you are adopting new ways to prepare learners for solving digital problems.