E-portfolios for PLD (Part 1)
A portfolio is the best method for storing and organising anything and everything needed to demonstrate and narrate a tutor's Professional Learning and Development (PLD).
The personal nature of an e-portfolio ensures privacy and brings with it the benefit of it being online and shareable for collaboration and presenting.
We will explore the features that are common to all of them, what you can do with an e-portfolio and their advantages over paper-based solutions.
This module shows you what an e-portfolio is in preparation for using one as a professional development tool.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• explain what an e-portfolio is
• identify the features and functionality that are common to typical e-portfolio products
• compare an e-portfolio with paper-based systems to assess the benefits and drawbacks of each for managing your PLD.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - G1 : Self-assessment and reflection
- Critically reflect on one's own teaching and digital practice.
- Identify competency gaps and areas for improvement.
- Seek the help of others in improving one's teaching and digital practice.
- Seek targeted training and use opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Seek to continuously expand and enhance one's repertoire of digital teaching practices.
- Help others in developing their digital teaching competence.
- At the organisational level, reflect on and provide critical feedback on digital policies and practices.
- Actively contribute to further developing organisational practices, policies and visions on the use of digital technologies.
- Use professional collaborative networks to explore and reflect on new teaching practices and methods.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Links and examples are pretty good. Report this review
Good overview of the differences of paper based v electronic portfolios. useful further resources included for e portfolios. I have already created two.
It would be a useful exercise to compare the different types of e portfolio. Report this review
really poor. The questions are factually untrue and makes me think that a lot of people have never used a scanner. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are many digital tools that can help you plan and manage your PLD. These badges look at digital approaches to recording and developing your personal learning and training. This is the Exploring stage, which recognises you have started exploring this area.