EdTech: The limitations of personalised learning
Tailoring content and delivery to meet an individual learner's needs rather than taking everyone through the same programme at the same pace is an accepted goal of education, promoted by government policy and examined at inspection.
Technology has allowed education to push back the boundaries of what is possible for personalised learning.
This module looks at how we use it to make the learning journey more personal and what the limits are in practice.
Critically reflect on the limitations of personalised learning
After completing this module you will be able to:
• review and critique the use of personalised learning in your courses and with your learners
• reflect on the tools, platforms and arrangements used to deliver it
• recognise the limitations of personalisation in your own practice
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - F2 : Equality and diversity
- Address the special needs of individual learners (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD, overachievers) using digital technologies
- Allow for different learning pathways, levels and speeds when designing, selecting and implementing digital learning activities.
- Devise individual learning plans and use digital technologies to support these.
- Adapt communication strategies to the specific audience and be aware of cultural and generational diversity in digital environments
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Balanced and interesting- good exercises too.
do not agree with answers
Some useful strategies that will consider to adopt for my learners.
A nice overview of what and what not to do
Interesting to think about the different approaches and applying them to my groups.
The activity stuck and wouldn't let me submit and therefore I didn't get to see the expected solution.
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other modules.
The focus seemed to be more on how technology enabled personalised learning rather than exploring the limitations. Would have been good to see more on the limitations. The point about learners preferring the social benefits of non personalised learning is a good one that I've come across in practice and personal experience.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Digital technology can provide new ways to help enable inclusive approaches to difference and diversity. This badge recognises that you are knowledgable in this area and able to support and collaborate with your peers on new digital approaches.