EdTech: Digital well-being for all (Part 2)
Our online identities are the keys that unlock personal, social and commercial accounts and transactions.
They create portraits of ourselves that others can access and by which they will judge us - as friends, colleagues, and potential employees.
We explored the importance of a digital footprint and its impact on learners in the modules Digital well-being for all (Part 1) and How to tread a positive digital footprint.
In this module, we will look at the strategies that learners can use to guard, manage and control their exposure to risk online.
This module will help you to formulate strategies to support learners’ digital well-being.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• build strategies for the safeguarding of learners’ digital reputations into your teaching and assessment practice
• agree ground rules with learners to support a positive image and identity online.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G3 : Well-being: practitioner and learner
- Avoid health risks and threats to physical and psychological well-being while using digital technologies.
- Protect from possible dangers in digital environments (e.g. cyberbullying).
- Be aware of digital technologies for social well-being and social inclusion.
- Be aware of the environmental impact of digital technologies and their use.
- Monitor learner behaviour in digital environments in order to safeguard their well-being.
- React immediately and effectively when learners' well-being is threatened in digital environments (e.g. cyberbullying).
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Very quick & easy to complete, good reinforcement of potential pitfalls.
Part 1 and part 2 have really made me think
Straightforward to complete
Reinforced my strategies to support my learners with SEN.
Nice interactive activity. Nothing I didn't already know but helpful to reinforce it.
The module is basic but the resources are very interesting
Concise but clearly explained
This Module is great, but I would have liked to see another example of how things can go wrong. I really liked the 'interview' video in part 1 and something similar here would really press the point home.
Excellent advice which I will be passibg on to my students this week.
Good insight as to how to protect yourself online.
Well informed, well laid out, easy to use and informative.
I really enjoyed this module and it got me to consider ways i can promote e-safety and your digital footprint to my learners
Login or signup to earn this badge!
We have a responsibility to ensure our learners understand how the digital world can affect our well-being and what we can do to manage this. This badge recognises that you understand how you can develop your learners' understanding of digital well-being.