Digital well-being for all (Part 2)
Our online identities are the keys that unlock personal, social and commercial accounts and transactions.
They create portraits of ourselves that others can access and by which they will judge us - as friends, colleagues, and potential employees.
We explored the importance of a digital footprint and its impact on learners in the modules Digital well-being for all (Part 1) and How to tread a positive digital footprint.
In this module, we will look at the strategies that learners can use to guard, manage and control their exposure to risk online.
This module will help you to formulate strategies to support learners' digital well-being
To learn about different strategies to promote learners' digital well-being
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - G3 : Well-being: practitioner and learner
- Avoid health risks and threats to physical and psychological well-being while using digital technologies.
- Protect from possible dangers in digital environments (e.g. cyberbullying).
- Be aware of digital technologies for social well-being and social inclusion.
- Be aware of the environmental impact of digital technologies and their use.
- Monitor learner behaviour in digital environments in order to safeguard their well-being.
- React immediately and effectively when learners' well-being is threatened in digital environments (e.g. cyberbullying).
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
The videos for both these modules can be good for classroom use. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
We have a responsibility to ensure our learners understand how the digital world can affect our well-being and what we can do to manage this. This badge recognises that you understand how you can develop your learners' understanding of digital well-being.