How to tread a positive digital footprint
Each time we contribute to the web, in public spaces and in private spaces we share, we leave a trail for others to find.
The modules Digital well-being for all (Part 1) and Digital well-being for all (Part 2) explored how this is done and how we might manage it for the best outcomes.
In this module, we will explore awareness of how digital technologies can negatively affect well-being.
This module explains what data learners generate and how to manage this digital footprint
To gain confidence in helping learners understand and manage their digital footprint
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - G4 : Managing identity: practitioner and learner
- Protect devices and digital content, and to understand risks and threats in digital environments.
- Understand safety and security measures.
- Protect personal data and privacy in digital environments.
- Understand how to use and share personal information while being able to protect oneself and others from damages.
- Understand that digital services use privacy policies on how personal data is used.
- Create and manage one or multiple digital identities.
- Protect one's own digital reputation.
- Deal with the data that one produces through several digital technologies, environments and services.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Using real world examples relevant to the setting, e.g. Linkedin or professional emails and messaging for 'modelling' digital footprints, could work well. Report this review
brilliant . short and useful. I like the drag and drop Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
We have a responsibility to ensure our learners understand how the digital world can affect our well-being and what we can do to manage this. This badge recognises that you understand the issues around digital well-being.