EdTech: How to tread a positive digital footprint
Each time we contribute to the web, in public spaces and in private spaces we share, we leave a trail for others to find.
The modules Digital well-being for all (Part 1) and Digital well-being for all (Part 2) explored how this is done and how we might manage it for the best outcomes.
In this module, we will explore awareness of how digital technologies can negatively affect well-being.
This module explores what data learners leave behind when they go online and how to manage this digital footprint.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• explain and discuss with learners the real-world consequences of online identity, presence and reputation
• compare and contrast the characteristics of online profiles that present positive and negative images to potential employers and others
• act as a role model of professional behaviour in creating a positive image on social media and other online transactions.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G4 : Managing identity: practitioner and learner
- Protect devices and digital content, and to understand risks and threats in digital environments.
- Understand safety and security measures.
- Protect personal data and privacy in digital environments.
- Understand how to use and share personal information while being able to protect oneself and others from damages.
- Understand that digital services use privacy policies on how personal data is used.
- Create and manage one or multiple digital identities.
- Protect one's own digital reputation.
- Deal with the data that one produces through several digital technologies, environments and services.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Really useful module to think about my own social media and how i can model good practice to learners
I really enjoyed this one. Thought provoking and some really simple ideas presented for working with students.
Excellent introduction to digital footprint
Thanks really useful
Straightforward to complete not time consuming
Has made me re-think strategies to give my learners in developing their digital footprint.
This was interesting and also I have never "googled" myself and was interested to see what is online about me.
A lot of it commonsense
Digital etiquette is something that we all should be more aware of.
I think this is a great module and helps people understand about digital footprint as well.
exercise required a more detailed preview to determine correct answers
again poor and without new content or looking into current issues, such as the regulation of online platforms
Interesting article on how to use and stay safe when creating your digital footprint.
Tutors have a responsibility to help their students understand their digital profile and the affect it will have on their futures. This course shows this and handles the subject well.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
We have a responsibility to ensure our learners understand how the digital world can affect our well-being and what we can do to manage this. This badge recognises that you understand the issues around digital well-being.