Digital well-being for all (Part 1)
When we go online we build up, piece by piece, online identities that can have positive and negative outcomes for our well-being, our sense of self-worth and for our future prospects, all based on how others react and respond to our activity. Each time we contribute to the web, we add to an online identity.
In this this module we will explore awareness of how digital technologies can negatively affect well-being. In Digital well-being for all (Part 2) we will go on to explore strategies for managing reputation. In How to tread a positive digital footprint will look in more detail at digital footprints.
This module will help you to foster learners’ awareness of how digital technologies can positively and negatively affect health and well-being.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• explain and illustrate the concept of digital well-being with learners
• promote healthy and safe practice with digital technology and media.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - G3 : Well-being: practitioner and learner
- Avoid health risks and threats to physical and psychological well-being while using digital technologies.
- Protect from possible dangers in digital environments (e.g. cyberbullying).
- Be aware of digital technologies for social well-being and social inclusion.
- Be aware of the environmental impact of digital technologies and their use.
- Monitor learner behaviour in digital environments in order to safeguard their well-being.
- React immediately and effectively when learners' well-being is threatened in digital environments (e.g. cyberbullying).
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
The tick-list was revealing in terms of advice I've (not) passed on... but will now! Report this review
great. It really got me thinking about digital presence Report this review
An interesting topic. However, I think the answers to the question needs to be revisited. There are two clear answers but the third one that is suggested appears to be written incorrectly? I may have read it wrong myself? Report this review
Incorrect as does not fully integrate the GDPR Report this review
I'm still confused as i did not think 123456 is an appropriate password to give, too easily guessed. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
We have a responsibility to ensure our learners understand how the digital world can affect our well-being and what we can do to manage this. This badge recognises that you understand the issues around digital well-being.