Collaborating with learners synchronously (Part 1)
Synchronised working uses technology to deliver learning normally done in a classroom or workshop, without having to be physically present in the room.
Learners can observe and take note, but also engage with the teacher and fellow students.
All the benefits of working together, including chat and discussion are still available in the scheduled timeslot.
Exploring real-time online learning
At the end of this module you will be able to
- explain what synchronous online learning activity is and how it can enhance learning
- understand the benefits for learners of synchronous online activities
- identify different learning contexts in which synchronous online learning activities can support learning
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - C3 : Communication and collaboration with learners and between learners (peer support)
- Implement and/or support collaborative learning activities in which digital devices, resources or information strategies are used.
- Implement and/or support collaborative learning activities in a digital environment, e.g. using blogs, wikis, learning management systems.
- Use digital technologies for collaborative knowledge exchange among learners.
- Monitor and guide learners in their collaborative knowledge generation in digital environments.
- Allow learners to digitally present their collaborative efforts and assist them in doing so.
- Use digital technologies for peerassessment and as a support for collaborative self-regulation and peerlearning.
- Use digital technologies to experiment with new formats and methods for collaborative learning.
- Use digital communication tools to respond promptly to learners' questions and doubts, e.g. on assignments.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Made me rethink some things on task-setting as well as how this could be combined with VLE and the flipped classroom concept. Report this review
Google Applications provide an excellent opportunity for synchronous collaboration. Didn't get the assessment exercise at all. Not at dyslexia friendly. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Collaboration can be supported using digital tools. This badge recognises that you have started exploring this area and how it could help to you and your learners.