EdTech: E-portfolios for PLD (Part 2)
An e-portfolio allows you to gather together in one place a record of your PLD and evidence of achievement.
It can host different forms of evidence such as sound and video files, as well as whole presentations, URL links and other resources.
You can see and hear as well as read about what you did in the most appropriate and compelling form – and you can share this with peers, managers and assessors.
This module shows you how you can use e-portfolios to support your professional learning and development.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• explain how an e-portfolio can record and evidence your professional development activity and reflections
• access demonstration versions of common e-portfolios to assess their suitability for your needs.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - G1 : Self-assessment and reflection
- Critically reflect on one's own teaching and digital practice.
- Identify competency gaps and areas for improvement.
- Seek the help of others in improving one's teaching and digital practice.
- Seek targeted training and use opportunities for continuous professional development.
- Seek to continuously expand and enhance one's repertoire of digital teaching practices.
- Help others in developing their digital teaching competence.
- At the organisational level, reflect on and provide critical feedback on digital policies and practices.
- Actively contribute to further developing organisational practices, policies and visions on the use of digital technologies.
- Use professional collaborative networks to explore and reflect on new teaching practices and methods.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Good points on CPD and evidence gathering--could also have further applications for in class work, e.g. mini-portfolios and formative assessments.
Another module that suffers from poor question phrasing and largely subjective answers. Again, colleagues had different answers for many of the options, all with valid points. These kind of question can work with a facilitator, but online, individual question setting with a definite 'right' answer need to be direct and objective fact.
I would have benefitted form greater audio explanation of the differing types of e-portfolio. Exercise was difficult to complete correctly as several examples were ambiguous and therefore I failed to identify the correct type
I want to learn how to set up a VLE
Very clear information but again mainly aimed at learners and teachers.
An informative moduke that has progressed my learning considerably about e portfolios, I will be able to apply the learning in my own case and advise my students.
It would have been beneficial to include more on which platforms are available and how this would be used
Login or signup to earn this badge!
There are many digital tools that can help you plan and manage your PLD. These badges look at digital approaches to recording and developing your personal learning and training. This is the Adopting stage, which recognises you have started adopting the tools and using them for your own development journey.