Collaborating with learners synchronously (Part 2)
This module looks at the practical issues of how to build synchronous online learning into a balanced programme of online and face-to-face learning.
It examines the challenges of real-time online activity (technical, social and personal) and things you can do to ensure that learner experience and outcomes are comparable to the rest of the programme.
This module will help you to develop strategies for working in real-time (synchronously) with your learners.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• identify the practical challenges of real-time online learning and how to ensure suitable levels of student experience and outcomes
• determine how you can introduce synchronous online learning activity into your scheduled programme
• judge when it is appropriate and when it is not.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the DTPF component - C3 : Communication and collaboration with learners and between learners (peer support)
- Implement and/or support collaborative learning activities in which digital devices, resources or information strategies are used.
- Implement and/or support collaborative learning activities in a digital environment, e.g. using blogs, wikis, learning management systems.
- Use digital technologies for collaborative knowledge exchange among learners.
- Monitor and guide learners in their collaborative knowledge generation in digital environments.
- Allow learners to digitally present their collaborative efforts and assist them in doing so.
- Use digital technologies for peerassessment and as a support for collaborative self-regulation and peerlearning.
- Use digital technologies to experiment with new formats and methods for collaborative learning.
- Use digital communication tools to respond promptly to learners' questions and doubts, e.g. on assignments.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
Seemed a bit short on (further) examples, but food for thought nonetheless. Report this review
Interesting topic material - however ironically the on-line test was not functioning correctly when I completed this module! Report this review
The video is well made and informative, but the assessment is poorly executed. There's no differentiation between online and offline communication, and one of the answers is definitely synchronous but offline, so the assessment requires you to put it in the asynchronous box. Dumb. Report this review
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Collaboration can be supported using digital tools. This badge recognises that you have started adopting methods for collaborative learning with your learners.