EdTech: Collaborating with learners synchronously (Part 2)
This module looks at the practical issues of how to build synchronous online learning into a balanced programme of online and face-to-face learning.
It examines the challenges of real-time online activity (technical, social and personal) and things you can do to ensure that learner experience and outcomes are comparable to the rest of the programme.
This module will help you to develop strategies for working in real-time (synchronously) with your learners.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• identify the practical challenges of real-time online learning and how to ensure suitable levels of student experience and outcomes
• determine how you can introduce synchronous online learning activity into your scheduled programme
• judge when it is appropriate and when it is not.
Digital Teaching Professional Framework
This module covers the EdTech component - C3 : Communication and collaboration with learners and between learners (peer support)
- Implement and/or support collaborative learning activities in which digital devices, resources or information strategies are used.
- Implement and/or support collaborative learning activities in a digital environment, e.g. using blogs, wikis, learning management systems.
- Use digital technologies for collaborative knowledge exchange among learners.
- Monitor and guide learners in their collaborative knowledge generation in digital environments.
- Allow learners to digitally present their collaborative efforts and assist them in doing so.
- Use digital technologies for peerassessment and as a support for collaborative self-regulation and peerlearning.
- Use digital technologies to experiment with new formats and methods for collaborative learning.
- Use digital communication tools to respond promptly to learners' questions and doubts, e.g. on assignments.
You may also be interested in
Taking note of your feedbackWe greatly appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on each module. We regularly review all the feedback provided and use it to inform the development of new modules. Subject to funds being available and other constraints, we will amend existing modules where feedback shows this is required.
The quiz element made me think about the information that was given in the animation.
The video is well made and informative, but the assessment is poorly executed. There's no differentiation between online and offline communication, and one of the answers is definitely synchronous but offline, so the assessment requires you to put it in the asynchronous box. Dumb.
Useful to know how some courses can be accessed but would not work with my SEN learners who attend school full time.
It's important to know what you're going to be delivering and that students know how to access the resources and software needed. This covers the essentials of working with CMC.
A good module but I will benefit both by watching the video again but more through starting a plan an online session and exploring all the resources listed in the module
Ideal again to get learners engaged, however always check that your equipment is working and that resources and lessons are prepared beforehand.
Could have been combined with the Part 1 module.
Prompts thought about how synchronous support can be incorporated into learning.
Login or signup to earn this badge!
Collaboration can be supported using digital tools. This badge recognises that you have started adopting methods for collaborative learning with your learners.