Essential Digital Skills
Welcome to the Essential Digital Skills (EDS) professional development programme
A new legal digital entitlement is coming for adults aged 19+ with no or low digital skills. This CPD programme is to support teachers and trainers who will be delivering courses to support the entitlement and those who want to develop their own digital skills.
Our blended training programme consists of five elements:
- An interactive self-assessment tool to identify training needs, linked to training modules to respond to the differentiated spiky skills gap profiles of practitioners
- Online resources, including a series of 20 short online learning modules with teaching exemplars and advice on teaching contexts, as well as digital badges to recognise achievement
- Face-to-face training and online webinars to build confidence and share practice related to different teaching contexts
- Online communities of practice for different FE pathways to offer tailored peer-to-peer support
- Multimedia CPD toolkit to guide you through the programme
To start on your training, you will need to complete your self-assessment. This will:
- Help you to reflect on your existing skills and experience
- Identify where you need additional training support
- Guide you to the online modules relevant to your training needs
- Provide you with an EDS capability profile, which will be updated as you progress through the training modules to show your professional development.