About our EdTech Badges
Digital badges are awarded to recognise progress in your EdTech professional development, linked to the three stages of the Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF): Exploring, Adopting, Leading. The ultimate aim of the badge award scheme is to build a community of practice in which there is a lively dialogue about teaching practice. This has recently been extended with new badges available for Super Contributors and Reviewers (see below).
Initially, you can gain badges at three levels:
- 1 Star - explore and complete a cluster of modules (available for Exploring, Adopting, Leading stages)
- 2 Stars - submit a reflection on how the module learning has supported you to change your practice and the impact this has had on you and your learners (available for Exploring, Adopting, Leading)
- 3 Stars - upload a resource and reflection that demonstrates how your practice has developed and the impact for both you and your learners (for Adopting & Leading stages only)
The 1 Star badges are available for all categories of modules on the EnhanceDTP. The 2 and 3 Star badges are now available for the Connected and Effective and The Digital Teacher categories of modules, as well as the Accessibility, and the Dealing with Difference and Diversity categories.
If you have a 1 Star badge for any of these four categories of modules, you are ready to start your submission for a 2 Star badge:
- Go to MyLearning > View My EdTech Badges
Once you have a 2 Star badge, if you create and submit a resource with a reflection on its use, you can gain your 3 Star badge.
There are now further badges you can work towards once you have gained 2 and 3 Star badges:
- The Super Contributor's badge will be awarded to practitioners who have engaged in the communities of practice by responding to the contributions of other practitioners.
- The Reviewer's badge will be awarded to those who have been mentored to join the Review and Moderation team and have completed several peer reviews.
Find out more in our FAQ below.