What is Enhance?
The Enhance Digital Teaching Platform from the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) is designed to help develop your teaching and training practice using technology. The aim is to support innovation in teaching and training and to improve learner outcomes, equipping learners for the changing world of work where using technology is becoming increasingly important. Key features include:
- Free, bite-size, certified online training modules mapped to the Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF)
- An achievements badge system to reward Exploring, Adopting and Leading
- A user-centred, mobile-first design to make it easy for you to access anywhere, anytime and any device.
- Facilities to build a community of practice
What is the Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF)
Launched by ETF in November 2018, the Digital Teaching Professional Framework promotes a set of professional standards for supporting learning through technology. It aims to establish a common understanding of digital skills development. The DTPF underpins the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
There are seven elements to the DTPF with progression over three levels:
The DTPF was built in collaboration with Jisc - a not-for-profit organisation which provides digital solutions for UK education and research. It is mapped to the Jisc Digital Capabilities framework and ETF’s Professional Standards and draws on the EU Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators.
How will you identify your training needs?
The Digital Teaching Professional Framework provides a reference point for self-reflection and a basis for considering potential training needs. In addition, you could use the Jisc discovery tool which provides a first step to reflect on your digital capabilities and identify current strengths and areas for improvement.
ETF's mission is to support the sector in delivering excellence. Other useful resources, training and information can be found at:
- www.foundationonline.org.uk - ETF's online professional development offer for the FE and Training sector
- www.excellencegateway.org.uk - ETF's Excellence Gateway, a portal with over 7,000 resources for the FE and Training sector
- et-foundation.co.uk/edtech - ETF's EdTech support offer
- www.etflearners.org.uk - ETF's LMS site with information about radicalisation and extremism
- www.et-foundation.co.uk - Education and Training Foundation website