Six new Essential Digital Skills Champions have been appointed from the FE and Training sector after a strong response to the recent grant call from the ETF. They include:
- Birmingham Adult Education Service (BAES) - Anke Jacobs
- HSDC (Havant and South Downs College) - David Galloway
- New City College, London - Andy Greaves
- Our Newham Learning & Skills, London - Farhad Esfandiari
- Runway Apprenticeships Limited t/a Runway Training, South East - Leanne Selway
- WEA, East Midlands - Nusrat Bhatti
The Champions will advocate essential digital skills provision across the sector, share good practice and help to connect those involved in EDS courses. Their specific responsibilities will include:
- Running a Reflective Exploration project with at least two colleagues in their own organisation to reflect on a specific aspect of EDS delivery then sharing that learning
- Leading live Q&A sessions for the EDS Community of Practice
- Running live online meetup events
- Organising a face-to-face celebratory event to share learning from the Reflective Exploration
- Contributing materials and discussion on the EDS online Community of Practice
A new series of Live Chat sessions is starting every Wednesday lunchtime at 1pm. The live online sessions will last just 30 minutes and give an opportunity to meet the EDS Champions who will start to share some of their experience, ideas and resources from their essential digital skills delivery.
To book for the Live Chat sessions, please visit the ETF booking site.
To connect with the EDS Champions, please join the EDS online Community of Practice.