The ETF is offering six grants of £8,000 to learning providers in the FE and Training sector to support a member of staff to become an Essential Digital Skills (EDS) Champion and run an EDS Reflective Exploration project.
The call is part of the ETF's CPD programme for Essential Digital Skills, which supports learning providers and individual teaching, learning and assessment professionals to prepare for delivering the new EDS Qualifications based on the government's national standards. You can access the EDS CPD programme on the Enhance website.
The aim of the EDS Champion role is to help foster communities of practice across the sector for different aspects of essential digital skills delivery. Each Champion will:
- Lead a 10-week Reflective Exploration in their own organisation involving at least two colleagues
- Develop an EDS community of practice within their organisation
- Contribute to the online EDS community of practice on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform
- Participate in and co-lead a range of events within the EDS CPD programme
- Host an event in their organisation to share their Reflective Exploration work with the wider FE sector
- Develop and share teaching and learning resources and guidance.
Expressions of interest are invited from learning providers funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 10 September. Please read the guidance documentation before applying.
Full details can be found on the ETF's website here.
This programme is funded by the Department for Education and will be run on behalf of the ETF by Sero Consulting Ltd.